Thursday, August 16, 2007

Reflections part 2

Wow, looking back on my post from yesterday, I realise things sound pretty dire. I suppose it's not so bad as all that; I was having a REALLY tough work day yesterday, and this forum is an awesome place to vent and meditate on one's situation. I find it much easier to articulate my feelings when I write them down anyway.

That said, I have had an infinitely better day today. I've been preparing a farewell party for the custodians of the Shrine of the Bab; they're leaving on Sunday to head home to Canada and become custodians of the Shrine in Montreal. Tres cool, n'est pas? Chantelle showed me THE coolest shop in the Hadar where we were able to find some sweet gifts (and a little present for myself, quite lovely).

Plus, good things could possibly be happening in the 'other job' department. We'll have to wait and see, but today I feel like I might have found something that is right up my alley. I don't want to jinx it though; there are still a lot of channels to go through before anything happens. I'm adopting a 'wait-and-see' stance. But I can't help but feel infinitely lighter knowing that I might be useful somewhere else and someone new could take this job and make it their own. It's a really nice feeling...

No comments: