Thursday, August 9, 2007

Coffee as headache medication?

Ok, this is getting weird now with drinks being the cure-all for general aches and discomfort.

I had a splitting headache after Mr. Dunbar's class this evening, and I walked home with John and Jayce not feeling any better. John swears by the notion that coffee is actually quite good for getting rid of headaches. Apparently it has something to do with caffeine speeding up blood flow or something.

So I get to the guys' flat with the promise of caffeinated beverages and heavy medications. We end up tuning in to the end of Star Wars on television and head directly into The Mexican starring Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts. Just what my head needed to make the evening complete.

Quite a while into the movie I had to remind John that I was still in quite a bit of pain and had not yet received either coffee or pain meds. Apparently what I failed to realise is that fine grind coffee takes FOREVER to percolate. Hpmh. Finally I got a cup of java but with a little twist; John wouldn't tell me what he had added to the coffee until I finished drinking it. Never a good sign, I know, but I was desperate. Turns out the added kick was hot paprika. Go figure. It actually wasn't too bad, a little bitter and spicy, but not too bad.

The problem now seems to be that I am high on caffeine and some sort of pink headache pills that are leaving me wide awake and bored. It is now 1 am, I have to work tomorrow, and all I can think about is who in the world thought up putting paprika in coffee?

Best lines of the night:
Mr. Dunbar: "What kind of lame assembly would only ever have nine members each year?"
(oh man, that line killed!)

Jayce: "You're just jealous because it's completely flat where you live."
Me: "I have an escarpment, thank you very much!"
John: "Who in the entire world ever uses the word 'escarpment' in a sentence?"

No comments: