Friday, August 3, 2007

Open Mic Night

I went to my first BWC open mic night and it was AWESOME!!!!

Hosted by two lovely (albeit unusual) ladies, Chantelle and Elise, the night was a resounding success. I believe they were attempting to be rappers, but it was a freestyle nightmare that left everyone in stitches.

Highlights of the night include, but are not limited to:

  • Listening to Afonso rap in Portuguese
  • Cheering on Matt when he forgot the lyrics to his sweet song
  • Watching Ilya scream at his 'actors' in their skit a la "Whose Line is it Anyway?"
  • Finding out that Peter can play the harmonica and the piano at the same time
  • Nearly having a heart attack from cheering on the Works Department in their Backstreet Boys-esque dance number
  • Watching Penny and Antoinette doing a native Vanuatu dance in their 'chastity dresses'
  • Seeing Sorush and Pedram break-dance, slamming it old school

All in all, a delightful evening of song, dance, poetry, freestyle, just a little bit of everything.

I'll definitely have to come up with something to do for the next one. Maybe Kat and I can sing our theme song...yeah?

"I'm hot 'cause I'm fly...you ain't 'cause you not..."

No comments: