Friday, August 24, 2007

Gathering a little Zen...

I had such a great Thursday yesterday - it was my pamper day.

I made a lunch appointment to get my nails done, and it would have been relaxing except for the excruciating pain that was my cuticles being destroyed. In the words of Orlit, my stylist, "Oh, my, you seem to be a bleeder." That might give you an idea of the pain I got to endure. Because of the cuticle fiasco, it took two hours to do my nails instead of the usual one hour. I have another appointment in a couple of weeks; I made sure to book it for after work this time in case of delays and complications. Let's hope there aren't any...

Anyhoo, I got back to the office late, feeling not too relaxed. Fortunately, my friend Kara has convinced me to got with her to Tai Chi classes on Thursdays, so I went with her at the end of the day to unwind and get a little zen.

It was glorious - I got to 'part the horse's mane', 'grab the swallow's tail', 'become the White Crane', and 'repulse the monkey'. Those are the names of the moves, I swear. You can't make this stuff up. The breathing exercises were great, though - so calming and meditative. It was a really nice way to end a week in the office.

Right after Tai Chi, Kara and I headed down to Mr. Dunbar's Thursday night study class. We learned all about the institution of the Continental Boards of Counsellors, and their roles in protection and propagation of the Baha'i Faith. Very cool.

After class, John, Jayce and I walked back up to 2nd November (their street), and chilled out watching Dune and Children of Dune. We are such sci-fi nerds...it's awesome....

All in all, a very fulfilling day.

No comments: