Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Night's Alright

Had a great Friday night tonight. It was a Serving the Divine Plan talk evening, so one of the Institute members gave a talk - Dr. Javaheri spoke about the protection of the Baha'i Faith, both from internal and external forces.

It was a very inspiring talk about how we should be constantly vigilant in our faith, with our morality and rectitude of conduct unquestionable. We need to always be excellent examples of patience, virtue, and love. There was a lot of historical talk as well, but I can't recall it all here.

After the talk, I had one of my first "girls' night only" evenings here! So much fun! Kat and I went to Kara and Anjali's flat, where there was popcorn, homemade muffins, and a whole lot of sweet girls and sweet conversation. To wind the evening down, Chantelle pulled out her short films from drama school back in New Zealand. Very fun; my favourite was the one depicting Purgatory as a hospital emergency room, complete with slutty nurse, kooky guidance counsellor, and a whole lot of dead people not realising they're dead. It was really good!

I should definitely make an effort to hang out with the girls more often. It takes a lot of energy to be around that much estrogen; it's a good thing I'm up to the task. I guess I'm more used to hanging out with my 2nd November boys, which is a lot of testosterone to deal with as well, but I know how to hold my own with those guys - it's mostly a matter of letting John think he's won an argument and then zinging him later. Good times.

I need to go to bed now - tomorrow morning's the Divine Plan seminars, so I should be well rested. Plus, I'm going to finish the rest of the Dune saga with the boys tomorrow. Yay!

No comments: