Monday, August 27, 2007

It's all Greek to me...

It's been several months since I arrived here in Israel, and I realised that I haven't posted any of the pictures I took during my stopover in Greece.

I met a very lovely older lady on the plane who took me under her wing when we arrived in Athens Airport. She was very sweet and we bonded on the bus that took us to the hotel that we were to stay at until our flights left later that night. We were given lunch and dinner there, as well as our own rooms and - thank GOD - showers!

Since I had several hours to kill until my flight late that night, I got directions from the concierge and made my way on the public transit line into downtown Athens.

The view from the airport

Driving along the road to Athens

My first glimpse of the Parthenon

An amazing view of the amphitheatre and surrounding area


The ruins of the Parthenon - spectacular!


Ooooooo, downtown Athens from above!

I met some students from Washington and they took my picture.

Looking back from whence I came...

No comments: