Thursday, August 2, 2007

Esoteric Photography

The artist in me tends to rear its head from time to time. It lets me believe that perhaps my university career was not a complete waste of time.

The poignancy of this image struck me by the very bleakness of its existence. The chipped metal paint and the scuffed floorboards only add to its appeal as a transitory, fleeting object made solely for the amusement of others.

(Is this artsy enough for ya?)


I can almost hear the echo of childrens' laughter resonate off the soft, rubbery mats beneath the rooster's springy bottom.



(I wonder what his partner-in-crime is exactly? A deformed cow?)


These are some of the apartments lining the road home. The sky is a murky shade of bluish-grey, the kind of deep colour you'd only expect from engorged rain clouds. But I think there shall be no rain today, only dust and sweat and light, the beauty of which cannot truly be captured.






(I just liked this one because of all the bottles. Yay for the Israeli recycling program.)



And so ends our mystical journey through a land of subtle imagery .
I do so love playing the part of a tortured artist; it always brightens my day considerably.

No comments: