Thursday, January 17, 2008

Unexpected

It was really great having Robert, Marjan and Justin all here at the same time on pilgrimage. I knew that Marjan and Justin were coming, but Robert being here was a complete surprise.

Robert surprised me by showing up at the Dawnbreaker Collective's performance, and we spent most of his remaining nights hanging out together during and after the pilgrim talks. It was really fun, but kind of surreal, since I had never really expected to see him again after his Wildfire tour in 2005. I guess I should probably admit here that I had had a crush on him at that point, but with him being on tour and me being in university, I had decided not to say anything. Seeing him here in the Holy Land brought all those feelings rushing back, something I was completely unprepared for.

We had some great conversations, most of them pretty random, which is coincidentally just the way I like them. Robert's musical career is really going to take off soon, so it was cool to hear about how things are going in terms of songwriting and putting together CD's and whatnot. We also walked all over the Merkaz back and forth to his hotel, and we had lots to talk about. The funniest incident was probably when we walked past the zoo to discover two guys in their car trying to break OUT. It looked like they had gotten locked inside when the zoo was bolted down for the night. When we walked past the guys were smashing at the padlocked post in the driveway with what looked like a sledgehammer. (Where did they get a sledgehammer?! Maybe it's better not to know...)

Anyhoo, suffice it to say Robert and I had much fun while he was here, but now that he's gone I'm left with these stirred-up emotions all over again, and I don't know what to do about them. I wrote him a message to tell him so, but he hasn't responded yet. Either a) he hasn't seen it yet or b) he has seen it and has no idea how to respond. It's funny - most guys say that they wish girls were more direct about their feelings for guys, and would just tell a guy how they feel, but when we actually do, most guys don't know how to react and so they don't. Well, I've put myself out on a limb, so the ball's in his court now.

No comments: