Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Musical Bliss

We had another choir rehearsal today to prepare for our performance on 1o January. The twin holy days of the Birth of the Bab and the Birth of Baha'u'llah will be celebrated on the 10 and 11 of January, and the choir has the singular privilege of being able to perform live in the Concourse of the Seat of the Universal House of Justice.

I feel so honoured to be allowed to perform in such a remarkable venue. I feel deeply honoured to be able to sing praises to God in the Seat of His power and authority on earth. It's an amazing privilege and thrill to be in this choir!

Plus - bonus! - we always get to rehearse in the Seat as well. The multipurpose room truly serves its purpose in that regard. After rehearsal, I stuck around a little while to listen to Synnove, Jordan and Paul practice a few operatic pieces on the piano. It was ethereal; I couldn't help but lose myself in their melody, and when Synnove started playing some pieces from Songs from a Secret Garden, that was sheer bliss. It doesn't matter that I was ready to drop dead from exhaustion - I stayed and listened to that glorious music wafting through the hallways of the Seat building and thought to myself, "How lucky am I?"

No comments: