Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Next Step...?

OK, so Robert and I have talked a few times on the phone so far since I told him about my feelings for him. We haven't actually verbally discussed the subject, but the message I received on Facebook was basically a "I'm really flattered I don't know how I feel about you but I would love to get to know you better but I don't know if it would ever be more than that."

I can live with that.

I just want to get to know him better, and the best way to do that is to keep the lines of communication open. Be good friends first, with the knowledge that it could possibly develop into more. Because, as much as I am willing to give him space and not broach the subject again for a while, the topic will have to be raised again at some point in the future. All too often we girls put our power in the hands of the guy and then get frustrated when nothing evolves.

Now I just have to try REALLY hard not to devolve into Stalker Girl. I can sort of get that way when I like someone, but I guess we all feel that way sometimes. When you like a person, you want to interact with them as much as possible, right? But guys generally do not respond well when you call them four times a day just to 'chat'. Uh huh. I can't help it, I tend to get a little obsessive about things; it's my addictive personality. Such a personality can be extremely useful in certain situations, but when it comes to guys, I don't think they appreciate an addictive personality when they themselves can't figure out how they feel about things.

So now I sit and try to practice the valuable art of patience...

No comments: