Tuesday, January 8, 2008

External Affairs

Here at the BWC we are currently hosting different external affairs representatives from the world over. They are all in charge of dealing with the public in terms of questions asked about the Baha'i Faith. These days it's mostly dealing with the situation of the Baha'is in Iran and Egypt, but they also generally deal with issues that affect Baha'is in their respective countries.

It's pretty cool having these representatives here. They did a presentation a few days ago where they shared some inspiring stories from their home communities, and it was wonderful to hear such (mostly) uplifting stories. I now really want to make sure that when I return home, I am fully active in my community both propagating and protecting the Faith.

There are also members of the Baha'i International Community (BIC) here from the UN, from both the New York and Swiss offices. My friend Tahirih happens to be one of the BIC representatives here from New York; it's so much fun to see her here in the Holy Land at the same time as me. Yay!

No comments: