Thursday, September 20, 2007

Filing, Filing Everywhere!

Finding it very hard to concentrate right now....

I need to be going through all the old files at work and make sure everything is up-to-date before I leave this job for another, but I keep getting left alone in the office for hours on end. It's very hard to motivate one's self to plow through stacks of paper when it seems never-ending and there isn't anyone peering over your shoulder to get it done.

Ok, I need to stop in my tracks and remind myself I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this for the person coming in after me. I'm doing this so the department can have access to its files. I'm doing this because that's what I was brought in here to do. I'm doing this because...well, because it's the easiest way I have right now of serving the House of Justice.

Man, if that isn't enough motivation, I don't know what is. Back to the grindstone I go, but with a lighter feeling in my heart. Motivation is everything here, and I'm finding mine now. Writing these things out really seems to put a lot into perspective, doesn't it?

No comments: