Monday, September 10, 2007

APPROVED!!!!

MY TRANSFER HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!!

I am so ridiculously giddy right now, I can barely type. My request for departmental transfer has been approved, so I'm now officially moving to Accommodations!!

This is so sweet. I mean, it really sucks that I have to leave the Department of Holy Places, but in the grand scheme of things, this is really for the best. I am not an office manager, and after this stint I don't think I ever will be. :) But I get to be on the Operations Crew in Accommodations which basically means that I will be assisting with flat preparations for new staff and visitors. I'm the one that gets to leave the chocolate on the pillow, so to speak. I also will be doing flat inspections, which is cool since I did that sort of thing when I worked for Nancy Campbell for the winter.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Sorry, I hate using all caps, but it's the only way to adequately describe the elation I am currently experiencing. This is too perfect...and now I cannot wait to tell my coordinator; she is going to be so excited for me too. She said that when everything is all settled and we've figured out what's going on, she and I are going to go out for a fancy dinner date and just have a wonderful evening together. Sweet, eh? I'm really going to miss working with everyone in the office, but I remind myself that they're only going to be a block away now. It's not like I'm physically leaving the World Centre; I'm just shifting my field of work.

And I love it.

This is going to be good...

No comments: