Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Weird Conversations

I have them. Weird conversations, that is. I know most people probably wouldn't believe half the things I randomly have conversations about, but believe me when I say that most of them should have been recorded for posterity.

My most random conversations tend to occur when I hang out with John Michael and Jayce. We're El Tries Amigos Locos (I think that means the crazy three amigos). We've talked about everything from Nazi chickens to protruding escarpments to hair juice. You know what's a weird topic? Whether hair juice might be as good as carrot juice.

Today at lunch I had a great conversation with some friends about creating our own amphibious vehicles and whether they should come equipped with projectile launchers. The best projectile we came up with? Jelly beans. Yeah, that's right. I told Carla she would be the most popular mom in the world if she showed up to pick her kids up at school and shot jelly beans at the other children. The conversation then turned to optometry and occupational therapy as prospective job fields. I'm not even kidding; you can't make stuff like this up.

Kat thinks I'm absolutely bonkers when I get on a rant about something completely and utterly ridiculous, but I figure if you can't be ridiculous with your friends, when can you? And besides, everyone who's ever met me knows I'm definitely eccentric (or nuts), so why fight it?

No comments: