Sunday, October 28, 2007

Still Homebound

Wow, so I'm reading Kat's blog and feeling like a complete slug for not blogging more frequently. However, I'm not really feeling like there's a whole lot going on in my life right now.
Let's see...what can I possibly say about what I've been up to for the past few weeks?

1. I've been growing my hair out. I know that seems like a cop-out answer, but I actually am trying to grow my hair longer. It seems the shorter Kat chops her hair (which looks good on her), the more I want my long hair back again (which looks good on me). We have a funny dynamic that way.

2. I had many a friend visit the past week or so. I haven't felt this popular in ages! I guess it takes a painful medical procedure to bring people out of their homes and into mine. Who knew? I haven't had to cook dinner for myself for almost two weeks now; leftovers are especially yummy if you didn't have to cook the original meal. I just have to remember how quickly food turns bad here and try to avoid the dishes with furry mould in them. Time to clean out the fridge and see what's lurking behind my pitas and cream cheese...

3. I tried to go back to work today. I made it into the office with relative ease, albeit the trek to the bus stop was the most I have walked in two weeks. I thought I could make it through the day; turns out I made it about two hours before I had to call it quits and go home. It should be ok; my coordinator has made it clear he is fine with me taking as much time as I need to recuperate before coming back in to work. There's no point in pushing myself too hard and screwing up all the healing progess I've made so far.

I still want to upload (download? what's the correct terminology?) pictures of recent events here; perhaps I can do that over the next few days now that my nausea has subsided and I can look at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time.

No comments: