Friday, October 26, 2007

So Sick of Being Sick

I am SO BORED!!! (and still really sore...)

I've been stuck at home for over a week, while everyone else is at work. It's absolutely no fun getting over surgery, and even less so when everyone is so busy. :(

But it hasn't all been bad; people have been stopping by in the evenings to hang out and bring me food. I haven't really had the energy or drive to cook for myself, so the friends have been cooking up a storm and giving me food. Love it! Who could complain about free food and company?

Guess what? Having your nerves severed means that you're in for a whole world of pain in terms of recuperating. I had no idea what to expect until the night before last, when the intense muscle/spinal pain was so bad that I threw up. Not cool. I ended up going to the hospital again yesterday to get checked out and see if they could prescribe some other pain killer that would actually WORK and wouldn't make me continually nauseated. They gave me some liquid oxycodone while in the ER, and damn, that was awesome! I was floating the rest of the afternoon. I totally wish they could have perscribed that stuff for me. Damn.

Anyhoo, now I'm taking stuff for the general pain, for muscular-skeletal pain, and for nausea.

Let's hope this means I can go back to work the day after tomorrow. I don't know how I'll be feeling by Sunday, but I'm going to try my hardest to get in to work and see what I can do. If worst comes to worst I'll have to leave early. But I really miss seeing everyone in the lunchroom and around the BWC.

No comments: