Monday, May 26, 2008

Partnerless

Adam's last day of work was yesterday, and now I find myself partnerless in a sea of flats that need fixin'.

I certainly hope I am up to the task of doing this job independently for awhile. I mean, sure, the guys in the office can help me out from time to time if I need some assistance with back-breaking labour or something, but it's not really their tasking, heretofor they cannot help me all the time.

There are pros and cons to every situation; this one is no exception. Sure, I may have to carry everything myself all day, but there won't be anyone in the car to smell my lovely stench at the end of the day. I won't have anyone to talk to in the car, but I will be able to turn on the ol' ipod and crank some tunes and sing at the top of my lungs. Terribly.

And, now I have the good desk. The one that faces outside so I don't feel clausterphobic and frightened that spiders are going to attack me at my desk (yes, it's true, don't judge me.) The nice desk where I can see people when they walk into the office. Yay!

It's going to be all right...

No comments: