Monday, March 24, 2008

Dreaming of John Mayer

Yep, it's true. I had a really weird dream about John Mayer last night. I shall recount...

I was at the house of one of my mother's high school friends, and we were visiting her daughters there. It was apparently also my birthday, so people were giving me presents. One of the girls asked me if I knew John Mayer, because he was a friend of theirs and was invited to the party. I said sure, I knew who he was, so it was cool if he came over.

He showed up and introduced himself, then headed out to the backyard, where I followed. The backyard sloped back under the deck and bottom of the house. Under the slope, he had set up a lounge area, complete with oversized couches and hanging paper lamps. Apparently Mr. Mayer came over to their house quite frequently to jam, so this was his personal lounge area. He was sitting there jamming with a couple of his buddies, and I wandered over to sit on one of the couches. He came and gave me a HMV gift card for my birthday (?), and offered me a cup of coffee. When he brought me my coffee, he gave me a kiss on the nose and then ran back to his seat to play some more. :)

As I got up to leave, he said he had another present for me - pappy wappy kisses. (Huh?) Basically it was just smooching my face on both cheeks. I said I had to leave, but that I had a friend who was a really big fan, and he would love to hear from John Mayer, especially since he's also going to Berklee in the summer. John said he would totally give me his number to pass on, I just needed to find a pen.

My dream ended with me going back up to the house, meeting up with some of the girls who were working on an art project, and grabbing a pen.


Weird, no?

No comments: