Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Preparation and Anticipation!

We at the World Centre have all been supremely busy lately preparing for the Tenth International Convention for the Election of the Universal House of Justice. I had no idea the logistics involved in planning something this elaborate, but from what I've seen so far, it's going to take a LOT of volunteers to make this fantastic event go smoothly.

I am sooooo excited to have the priviledge of getting to volunteer at an International Convention. Basically, all the delegates from every National Spiritual Assembly across the globe will start arriving in Haifa in approximately three days or so in order to vote for the next members of the Universal House of Justice. It only occurs once every five years, and the last one had to be cancelled due to the outbreak of war this time five years ago, so this is actually the first convention being held in ten years. Wow. And I get to be here when it happens. Double wow.

I will be an usher, which I'm pretty excited about, since that used to be my job back home before I came to Israel. I am so psyched for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the administrative process of the Baha'i Faith at work in its (I feel) highest, purest form. It's so humbling to be a part of, I can tell you that much.

More details shall follow after Convention, once the election results have been officially released...

1 comment:

None available said...

That IS an adventure! Can't wait to hear more about it!