Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I have joined the Revolution.

Well, not in a literal sense of course.

In point of fact, I mean I have finally created my very own blog. Now, no one can say that I am not keeping them in the loop about my comings and goings.

But if you thought I meant a spiritual revolution...then yes, I suppose I have.

I am living in Haifa, Israel for the next two years or so, and it's been quite the life-altering experience so far. Volunteering abroad for a couple of years may seem insane to some, but to me it's a way of life. Like I said, there's a spiritual revolution happening in the world today, and I get to be a part of it.

Pretty exciting, n'est pas?

Be on the lookout for more posts coming soon!
I may even throw in a picture or two for emphasis!

Catch y'all on the flipside...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Dear old MoM can't resist responding on your new blogsite. In the play Oaklahoma! currently running at the Festival Theatre, the character Ali Hakim sings about a revolution, and the female chorus responds "Alright boys, revolve!" Just goes to show that a word can have a plenitude of meanings and applications. You could also think of it as a very fast metamorphosis, such as you may be experiencing there at the World Centre. Love now and always,
Karen (MoM)

Shireen said...

Oh Mother, I can always count on you to be the only one that reads anything I have to say. :)

Thanks for the interesting comment. I am indeed experiencing quite the metamorphosis here at the World Centre; I should have started this blog four months ago when I first arrived. So much stuff to write about...

Anonymous said...

Yay, you got a blog! This is a great idea; I'm looking forward to reading more. :)